This department falls under the Registrar’s Office and is headed by the Senior Assistant Registrar (Academic Affairs).The Academic Affairs Department is both the first and last port of call for every candidate, student and graduate. The Department overseas the Masvingo and Harare campuses. Its key stakeholders are prospective students, current students, alumni and the entire RCU community. Its mandate is to admit students and assist them right through to graduation and beyond.
Like the rest of the Reformed Church University Community, the Academic Affairs Department is an embodiment of the RCU vision, mission, values, norms and culture.
The RCU Academic Affairs Department comprises of the Admissions Office, the Student Records Office and the Examinations Office all under one roof.
Academic Affairs Departments
- Offers career guidance to all prospective students
- Receives, screens and processes applications for all RCU academic programmes
- Admits all eligible candidates as students in liaison with the receiving Faculties
- Issues letters of offer to all successful applicants
- Registers all students admitted to the RCU
- Maintains an up to date academic record on every RCU student and graduate
- Generates and issues academic transcripts to all RCU students and graduates in liaison with the IT and Bursar’s Departments, the latter specifically for fees clearance.
- Validates RCU academic qualifications for all RCU alumni
- Administers all RCU examinations
- Produces the examination timetable for all RCU programmes
- Generates and issues certificates for all successful RCU graduates in liaison with the Vice Chancellor’s Office