Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following positions that have arisen in the University.
Catering and Accommodation Manager
- Reports to the Dean of Students;
- Supervision: Supervises all the activities taking place in the catering and accommodation; department – cooking, cleaning and ambience, ordering of provisions and maintenance;
- Staff Management: Ensures proper management of staff members in the department;
- Guest Relations: Ensures that all the guest concerns are handled appropriately;
- Performance Management: Ensures regular review of staff performance and feedback;
- Revenue Management: Exceeds revenue targets in the department;
- Cost Management: Ensures that costs are within the budget;
- Reports: provides daily, weekly and monthly reports as required.
- A Degree in Hospitality/Hotel Management.
- A Master’s Degree in Catering and Hospitality is an added advantage.
- Computer skills (Ms Office etc) and conversant with hotel software.
- Certificate in Housekeeping will be an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in working with resident students in a university or any institution of higher learning.
- Self-motivated, persistent, resolute and able to deliver without close supervision.
- Other skills: Communication, leadership, organisational, problem solving, emotional intelligence and attention to detail.
Janitor x 2
- Enforces rules and regulations;
- Ensures all minor maintenance tasks are completed within the buildings e.g. door handles,
- Shelves, painting, tiling, carpeting, leaks, putting up blinds etc;
- Ensuring wash areas and toilet areas are regularly replenished and kept clean and tidy;
- Ensures all communal areas are clean, tidy and replenished after each break time;
- Movement of furniture, supplies, deliveries etc;
- Adhere to company and statutory health and safety procedures and policies;
- Does weekly fire alarm test for each building;
- Clean windows once a week and/or when necessary;
- Notify supervisors or managers of major repairs;
- Collect and dispose rubbish;
- Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision;
- Keep cleaning supplies in stock;
- Deal with all customers (students, staff, external) with courtesy and promptness at all times.
- Any other duties required by the Catering and Accommodation Manager or the Vice Chancellor.
- Minimum ‘O’ Level Certificate.
- Direct experience in working with students would be considered an asset.
- Understanding of cleaning procedures, cleaning processes, products and equipment.
- Knowledge of computers and applicable software.
- Knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems.
Copies of the following: – (i) Application Letter (ii) Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars of applicant including full name, place and date of birth, qualification, working experience, telephone numbers, the names and contact details of three referees and (iii) certified copies of certificates should be addressed to:
Reformed Church University
P. O. Box 80
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21st September 2021.
Women and differently-abled persons are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.