Mr. P Mhizha
The Reformed Church University Finance Department is headed by the Director Financial Administration Mr. Pikisai Mhizha who is the a Chief Finance Officer of the University and reports to the Vice Chancellor. The operations of the Department are guided by the University Charter (Statutory Instrument 201 of 2001) and the University Finance Policy. The Department is the custodian of all University assets. In this regard the department is responsible for maintaining a sound and effective university accounting system which includes but not limited to billing student fees, safe keeping of the university funds, financial advice on university operations, internal controls implementation, preparation of annual financial statements, etc. The Financial operations of the University are audited regularly by the Reformed Church in Zimbabwe Internal Audit Office. HLB Zimbabwe Chartered Accountants are the University external auditors.
To guarantee the University and stakeholders the safeguarding of funds in all investments and expenditure by performing financial management functions professionally, efficiently and effectively.
To achieve excellence in financial administration through creating, implementing and maintaining sturdy accounting systems posed to ensure that the University achieves world class standards.
The Financial Administration department is an integral part of the University Community whose primary functions include the following:
- To provide a comprehensive and effective set of financial services relevant to the aims and needs of the University.
- Overall control of the Institution’s financial resources with prudencyand integrity.
- To guide all departments in all financial matters, particularly as regards to the preparation and monitoring of their budgets.
- To maintain the institution’s accounting, reporting and internal control procedures.
- To arrange adequate insurance cover for the University’s assets.
- To ensure that surplus funds are invested and managed prudently.
- To provide an effective framework for managing University investments in a manner that maximizes returns and minimizes risk.
- To provide an effective student debtors management system that ensures maximum revenue collection in each given period.