The mission of the RCU is to empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users and creators of information.The Reformed Church University (RCU) was formed out of the Charter given to the Reformed Church in Zimbabwe (RCZ) by the Zimbabwe Council for Higher Education (ZIMCHE) in 2010. This gave the Church the opportunity to start laying down concrete milestones towards the ultimate opening of the new University in 2012.
The RCU vision is to be a relevant world class centre of excellence in inclusive education, research and community service, innovation and industrialization embedded in Christian values. The institution niche area is “special needs education”. This niche bench marks on the background that from the start the Reformed Church of Zimbabwe catered for lepers, the deaf and dumb and the blind. The university is therefore building on this legacy. RCU has gained a national reputation for its inclusivity orientation and is set to be a global leader in this respect. As RCU leverages on its niche area of inclusivity, it has immediate plans to establish a National Institute of Inclusivity, Research and Rehabilitation which apart from teaching and research would be a hub for innovation, production and warehousing of assistive devices across a wide range of disabilities.
RCU mission goes beyond the traditional teaching, research and community service to include socialization of knowledge and targeting teaching and research towards sustainable socio-economic progress based on value addition of local natural resources. This developmental matrix is based on deployment of local resources, human and material to address local development gaps and finding sustainable local solutions. Within this framework, the RCU emphasizes innovations and creativity for producing goods and services of relevance for local and global impact hence drifting from merely regurgitating theoretical bodies of knowledge.
RCU adheres to international best practice as explicitly expressed by the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education and Technology Development through such documents as the Ministry’s Strategic Plan and The Skills Audit and the Qualifications Framework.
Programmes on Offer
Faculty of Education and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Education Honours Degree in Inclusive Education
- Bachelor of Education Honours Degree in Information, Communication and Technology
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Social Work
- Bachelor of Education Honours Degree in Early Childhood Development
- Master of Education Degree in Early Childhood Development
- Master of Education Degree in Inclusive Education
Faculty of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce Honours Degree in Human Resources, Industrial & Labour Relations Management
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management Honours
- Bachelor of Commerce Honours Degree in Business Management
- Bachelor of Commerce Honours Degree in Public Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce Honours Degree in Marketing
- Bachelor of Commerce in Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting Honours (HACC)
Faculty of Arts, Theology, Culture and Heritage Studies
The Reformed Church University is accredited by the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education Zimbabwe
|Name:||Reformed Church University|
|Motto:||Knowledge, Equity, Excellence|
|Type:||Private, Comprehensive University|
|Vice Chancellor:||Professor O. E. Maravanyika|
|Academic Staff:||2 professors, 108 lecturers,|
|Academic Staff with PhDs:||4|
Undergraduate Students: 695