Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following
positions that have arisen in the University.
Library Assistant / Senior Library Assistant
- Cataloging and classification of all library materials according to AACR11 , LCCS and LCSH
- Maintain bibliographic records.
- Create and maintain authority file data
- Print barcodes and spine labels to identify records on the shelf
- Assist with policy formulation for cataloging and classification.
- Manage and distribute Branch libraries items
- Assist the User Services department with the annual stocktaking.
- Carry out all reasonable assignment as requested by supervisors
- Shelving books and periodicals every morning and whenever necessary
- Maintain a receiving register
- Maintain an accession register
- Receive and record delivered items
- Check purchased or donated materials for accuracy and damages
- Participate in the library annually stock taking
- Stamp RCU library ownership stamp on all security pages on all
books and palate
- Record all-new material into the RCU accessions register, verify together with the Senior Library Assistant that items purchased are not damaged
- Collect new boxes of books from the receiving bay
ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT – ACCOUNTING
Applicants must have a minimum of a first degree in Accounting /
Business Management / Finance and at least four (4) years post
- A full or part professional qualification in ACCA, CIS or CIMA an added
- Applicants should be mature, hardworking, reliable, and responsible and
prepared to work overtime.
- In addition, applicants should possess superior interpersonal
- Knowledge of Pastel accounting
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Billing, collection, deposit, disbursement and record maintenance of
tuition and other fees
- Participating in the establishment of policies/procedures regarding the
- Maintenance of accurate financial records so as to facilitate information
flow between the Finance Office and other offices throughout the
- Preparation of reconciliations
- Preparing weekly monthly, quarterly and annual reports and analysis
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Six (6) copies of each of the following documents:- (i) Application letter (ii) Curriculum Vitae
giving full personal particulars of applicant including full name, place and date of birth,
qualifications, working experience, telephone numbers, the names and contact details of three
referees and (iii) certified copies of certificates should be addressed to:-
Reformed Church University
P. O. Box 80
Contact Lines: +263 8688002249; +263 772 168 102; +263 782 782 688
Email: email@example.com (the University insists on receiving 6 hard copies your application)
Women and differently-abled persons are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates
will be responded to.